Tuesday 3 May 2011

Marathon Highlights

So, after all the training, after all the chat and hype, the big day had finally arrived! The 30th Anniversary of the Belfast Marathon and I was due to run.

After feeling my feet rub at 9 miles and getting cramp down the back of both legs after 17 miles-i have to say it was mentally and physically the toughest thing I think I have done! At one point I didn't know if I would make it but remembering all the kind donations and having loved ones there to cheer me on made it a memorable day!

I have been overwhelmed by the support, both financially and just from people's encouraging words, texts, emails etc. OVERWHELMED! The money raised to date (Tuesday 3rd May 2011 at 10.24 am) is a whopping £2,031.20, or £2,268.46 including gift aid! Unbelievable!!!!

Before you ask, my time was ' 5.13.39', room for improvement but I can now officially say I have completed a marathon-what's next triathalon-who knows but for now, sit back, relax and watch this short video of the my marathon highlights!

THANK YOU

3 comments:

Jonny said...

What did u use to take the video?

Phil Howe said...

you mean to put it together? imovie

Aina Siao said...

Wow! That's a good news. I want to congratulate you because you have finished it. Keep posting! interior painting